Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the right one came along...

Jesse's head is in my lap. "I love that sound of clicking..." he mentions as my fingertips hit the keys. It's late. We've had a busy day of forms and paperwork. We are trying to be as proactive as possible with immigration. (i've never been an immigrant before... turns out it's a bit difficult. "I haven't listened to them in so long..." Jesse's eyes are shut. The Civil Wars are playing in the background on my record player. We went to their concert at the Bijou theater the first time Jesse came to Knoxville. I got all dressed up in a sassy little grey dress that showed off my narrow white shoulders and Jesse wore his very distinguished suit jacket. It was one of our first dates. Sitting in the second row of the old theater, hand and hand, the words went, "oh oh oh oh oh.... if the right one came... the right one came along..." It was December. Jesse and I had begun seriously "talking" in October, but in that dim ancient theater, i remember feeling that perhaps the right one had indeed come along. Now, after a long day, his head rests just beneath my breast and i can hear his gums crease in a smile of contentment and peace. We don't know what the future will hold. But we're sure the right one came along...

No comments:

Post a Comment